master_sites and codeberg.org

raf macports at raf.org
Wed Jun 14 08:57:33 UTC 2023

Hi,

I have a Portfile question.

I have the (possibly incorrect) impression that
values in the list of ${master_sites} need to be
URLs to a directory that can have a filename appended
to it to download the distfile. Is that correct?
Or can it be the URL to the distfile itself?

I'm asking because I use the codeberg.org git repository site,
and when you make a "release" there, you can attach a file
such as your official distfile/tarball. But the URL for it
looks like:

  https://codeberg.org/attachments/<UUID>

I'd like to put that in a Portfile, but I'm worried that
macports will append "/${name}-${version}.tar.gz" and try
to download that. If it does, that won't work. But if it
just downloads the URL itself, it would work.

Does macports work with URLs like this in ${master_sites}?

cheers,
raf