Upgrade to apache2 How To

Marius Schamschula lists at schamschula.com
Mon Oct 23 16:16:36 UTC 2017

I ran a vanilla Mac OS X box as a server, using the built in apache, etc., with a few hand compiled additions in the days of 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4. Easy enough, when you are used to running Linux (I switched from mkLinux - Apple’s microkernel Linux on PPC).

The late Mac OS X Server (10.6.8 Server, RIP) was great. The current server app has not come close to the old server OS in functionality.

No surprise about the "current” Apple versions of php and apache.

The only thing I’m more puzzled about is: why haven’t more people switched to nginx? I run internal mediawiki using nginx and php71-fpm.

One of these days I’ll see if I can get apache2 to talk to php71-fpm. I’ve tried before w/o any success.

Marius
--
Marius Schamschula