Using macports 2.6.2 on a powerbook G4 1.33GHz and Leopard 10.5.8 ppc

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sat Mar 14 23:46:47 UTC 2020

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> <https://github.com/kencu/LeopardPorts/>
>
> Your Leopard machine (PPC or intel) is quite well supported, in a non-official-fashion, with MacPorts, as are almost all macOS systems. Bring all your friends!

I would say.... Leopard forever!!!!! ALmost the bast MacOS done.
Actually, I think it is 10.6, but it lost PPC. 10.5 has some "bugs" e.g.
in Bonjour... that apple didn't fix in 8 revisions (just check your log)
but is otherwise very capable and more modern enough than 10.4 that
porting software to it can be hard but "doable".

I have Leopard on PPC, i386 and amd64 because some of the HW it suports
is the best ever! PowerPC rocks!
However, the best supported target currently is intel 32bit.
I have some strange issues on 64bit (I think due more to MacPorts trying
to build some "tools" like python or perl in 64bit fashion too and then
fail) and PPC. But wil try a re-run right these days.

Getting ArcticFox on them would be the runner, but right now we can use
TenFourFox.

Read mail with GNUMail and use some other apps like PRICE ad
LaternaMagica and enjoy!

Riccardo